Cooking with Leftovers

Cooking creatively with leftovers, creating meals and snacks from nearly-empty cupboards, and having fun in the kitchen.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Chicken fixes

Ever have that little bit of salad dressing left in the bottle? It's not really enough for a salad for several people, but it might be enough for one? Or maybe you have the same problem as me: just a little bit of juice left in the bottle and the expiration date was yesterday. Chicken's an answer to both of these problems. Try marinating the chicken in that leftover oil- or vinegar-based salad dressing before baking, or bake it in the juice. If the two are complimentary, try both!

One of my favorite experimental dishes that was a hit with Jeremy, too, involved simply emptying that last little bit of raspberry vinaigrette into a bag with chicken, leaving it in the fridge while I went to work, and then baking it in a dish with the half glass of cranberry juice that was left. I pretended that I was at a fancy restaurant when I paired that dish with a glass of cheap white wine and a pre-dinner snack of salsa over the rest of the cream cheese with crackers. I'd gotten some peach salsa on sale the week before, but any kind will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home